Thursday, February 17, 2011

It Just Plain Sucks...

I had a teacher once who never let his students say "sucks" in phrases such as "this sucks", "you suck" and "aww man, that really sucks".  When a student would say it, he would reply with something witty such as "No, it doesn't suck. Vacuums suck, but this doesn't."

As I have gotten older, I rarely say "sucks".  I still stay in contact with that teacher from when I was in the 9th grade and it makes me proud to say that as a teacher now myself, I do not let my students say "sucks" either. They can opt for acceptable alternatives such as "that stinks", etc.

So, with that said...


There is no other way to put this
(without using swear words).

I think it really sucks that the people who have not been directly affected by cancer have become the minority.

I can't even count on one hand the people I know who have had to go through the ordeal of having a family member or friend with cancer.

All fight the battle in one way or another.
Many are still fighting the battle and too many have lost the battle.

We've lost mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
We support those who are fighting.

We love you.

And cancer just plain sucks.

2 comments:

*Becky* said...

Cancer does suck. It's a terrible terrible disease.

Anonymous said...

Cancer does suck.