Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Brand New Holiday!

Did you know there has been an actual holiday called Wives Day?
I know for a fact it exists because I created it.
Here is how it all began...
Many years ago we were spending a lovely evening with our dear friends, Laci and Dan.
It occured to me,
(DON'T JUDGE ME)...
there was not a holiday between my birthday (in May) and Christmas.
Well...not a holiday where I receive a present.
Once again, DON'T JUDGE ME!
I was excited about being a new bride and I truly believe wives day is an important and specacular holiday that everyone should observe!
This is not some crazy made up thing, well...it began that way.
But, now it has been a real part of our marriage since it began.
So...Wives Day is August 5.

Why, you may be asking, does her husband celebrate ridiculous holidays that she makes up!?
I will answer that question by saying...
First, it is NOT ridiculous.
And second, he does it because he loves me.
He loves me and I love him. Truly.
But, as I said, this is not a new holiday. We have been celebrating it for years!
It can now be new to you though!
-
-
-
So, what is this new holiday I am speaking of?

Everyone constantly asks me, "When is Husbands Day?"
My answer:  "Everyday is husbands day."
.
.
.
But...after five years of marriage and knowing everyday that
(sorry ladies)
I get to have the BEST husband ever.
I am happy to announce...

Husband's Day - July 2

This is the first annual Husband's Day and you know about it and can celebrate too!
Tell your friends!
But then don't forget to make sure your spouse knows about Wives Day on August 5 too.

I hope these holidays are something fun for you to celebrate and you enjoy them just as much as we do.

And remember...If you want to do something or create something, DO IT!
Why not, right!?

3 comments:

*Becky* said...

July 2 is only a couple weeks after father's day... may need to spread it out a bit. but if husbands are not fathers yet, then it would work

Lauren and Josh said...

Ya, I realize it is close, but being recognized as a father and being recognized as a husband are two very different things!

Laci and Dan said...

I LOVE IT!! =)))

You and Josh are so perfect. Why not make it more perfect by celebrating each other individually. Making each other feel special when life gets busy.

The dates are great btw. Would work great for Dan and I.

I may start observing your created holidays...

Maybe. lol!