Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Utopia

Utopia: An ideal place or state.

I have a few places/situations that I would consider utopias.
Disclaimer: These are some of the other things in life.
Of course, good times with loved ones is the ultimate utopia.

Here we go...

1. Relaxing in a pool, listening to great music and getting a glimpse of beautiful palm trees.
When relaxing in the pool lately I love listening to Bob Marley or Orianthi.


2. Relaxing on the couch, watching tv, snacking.
*I love you, DVR.*

3. Sitting in a quiet classroom full of students, (yes, it happens) watching them work so dilligently and knowing you just taught them something so new and almost everyone really "gets it."
**Smile and sigh**

4. Concerts - Specifically outdoor festivals.
Not as mud oriented as Woodstock, but just as "feel good."


Outdoor music festivals give you such a feeling of peace.
Enjoying and truly appreciating music and friends while feeling a breeze all around you is really something.

In May I went to the Bamboozle Festival in Anaheim, California.
Amazing music, amazing weather, amazing friends.
***Encompassing feeling of content. Again, Smile and sigh.***

An outdoor music festival ( a.k.a. Warped Tour)
in Arizona in the middle of the summer...
Hopefully, still amazing, but H-O-T, H-O-T, H-O-T!

So...on Tuesday I will be in the middle of one of my utopias...
with lots of SPF 50!
(Seriously, SPF 50...I know.)

I think everyone should discover what they consider to be a utopia and then try to go to that "place" as much as they can.
Just be careful when you're there.

1 comment:

*Becky* said...

oooh ya I do love floating in the pool looking up at the palms... I miss our california trip!! I think another utopia of mine is when I'm camping and all you can hear is the wind blowing in the trees and maybe a little creek.