Sunday, February 14, 2010

Caution: Romance Ahead!

Valentine's Day. 
My husband is an amazing man and my best friend.

With V-Day falling on a Sunday and Josh having to work on Sundays, we celebrated on Saturday (well, he spoiled me on Saturday and then I got to spoil him on Sunday.) We went to lunch on Saturday at Mangos. It was delicious, like always. The weather was beautiful so we decided to sit outside and really enjoy it. The sky was blue, trees overhead and love in the air.


Then we shopped around, got cookies from Sweet Cakes and spent the afternoon just enjoying the day together.

When we got home, I went into our bedroom to put some things away and I returned to the living room to a beautiful dozen roses.


I had to stay in the living room and watch tv while josh made a surprise dinner.
I was shocked when he was done...
Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, rosemary red potatoes and steamed asparagus.

For dessert...something called Strawberries Romanov.
Fancy Right!?
He blows me away.
It was strawberries in a cream that is made of a bunch of things like melted vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and sour cream with a drizzle of orange liqeour.
Then topped with mint and chocolate shavings.
My husband did that!
It was soooo good!
I was so full and smitten with him.
I told him that even if the food would had not came out good, (though it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten) it was so amazing that he put so much effort into finding those recipes and making everything.

I slept like a baby.
I don't even remember him leaving for work at 5am.
 8:30 rolled around and of course the pup needed to go outside to do her little doggie business.
As I walk past our bathroom, something caught my eye...


Even when he isn't home, he amazes me.

So I got ready for the day and went to meet him for his lunch.  I called Pei Wei on my way and had them make our food so it was ready when we got there. He was surprised.
After I dropped him back off at work I went and bought a balloon, card and magazine for him.
I went back to his work, where I used my extra key to his truck to put those things on his seat.  Aww.
(Even though he can't read a magazine on his drive home, I know...)

I will be making chicken enchiladas for dinner and a berry crisp for dessert.  My man loves berries and I never really buy them because I could take em or leave em. So...on this Vday, he get's berries :)




And to top it off, (since he really would have no need for flowers) I bought him the car mount for our Droid phones.
He's gonna LOVE it!
No, we don't need a holiday to do things like this for each other, but it's just another chance for us to show our love in different ways.
Happiest.
Valentine's.
Day.

2 comments:

*Becky* said...

wow you were spoiled!! How sweet!! Those kind of things are the best! And you're a good wife for making his sunday extra special

Bethany Dibble said...

1...2...3...aaaaaahhhhhh! That's so sweet! I'm glad you had a great weekend! Miss you!