Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life Doesn't Always Make Sense

Some things just don't always make sense, it's just the way it is. 
 It is strange to me that...
 Committment doesn't make sense.
After living in our house for a little over five years, the walls of my living room are still white because I cannot commit to a color.
Yet, I didn't have to think twice about marrying Josh when I was only 19.
Long term choices don't make sense.
It took me exactly one second to determine my major and
I can determine the daily schedule of 29 eleven year olds and impact their lives everyday.
Yet, the thought of having to trade-in my beloved car and get a new one makes me want to cry and throw up at the same time.

How you treat others never makes sense.
It can be so easy for me to snap at Josh or my family.
(Though I really try hard to not do this.)
Yet, I can't even say what I feel to the annoying neighbors that park in front of our house all the time.

I know life doesn't make sense.  I don't mind that.
I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes you just have to live your life the way you want to.
Without always caring about what others think,
without always doing what is most popular,
and maybe without following all of life's "rules".

My walls may stay white for another five years,
which is ok with me because the color of my walls don't really matter if I have Josh by my side.
And I may not cry a lot when I have to send my awesome class onto sixth grade, but I know I will when I have to say goodbye to my car.
Life wouldn't be life if it made sense all the time.

I think it really will make sense in the long run.

Do what makes you happy! I do!
 :o)

5 comments:

*Becky* said...

good post!! I totally agree too that life doesn't always make sense

Samantha said...

Great post! There are days I feel the exact same way so it's nice to see it's not just me and you have such a good end outlook on it all :)

Laci and Dan said...

I loved reading this, made me think of things, like, why my walls are still white. lol!

Unknown said...

I miss you, Lauren! You and your husband are so adorable and seem just so happy!

Lauren and Josh said...

Thanks! I miss you too! I will be in NY for two weeks in July...!