Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's my Superpower.



Did you know I have a superpower?
Yes, when discussing superpowers it should be one word.

Well, I do.

Things get so busy at certain times of the year.
For a teacher, those crazy times are usually at the end of a quarter when you have to get 31 report cards done, 
attend meetings and workshops,
be ready for parent-teacher conferences,
 tackle a billion other things
AND...don't forget the simple task of continuing to teach those precious little beings, every single day.

With a list that seems to be a mile long, you may be thinking, "Wow.  She must be pulling out her hair."

But I'm not.

Not letting stress get to me is my superpower.
I knock out stress using only my mind!
POW!

I'm not sure where or how I absorbed this superpower,
(probably from my awesome, laid back dad)
but I like it.

We all have hidden superpowers.
Probably more than one.
Mine just happens to be a really cool one.
If you'd care to share what you think your superpower is, I do love comments.

------------------------------------------------------------
An actual conversation Josh and I had today...

Josh: Work was crazy. (He goes on to explain about all of the logistic-type parts and procedures and things he encountered during the day.

Me: Oh, ya? I talked to a mime today.
-------------------
True story. This is why I love working at an Arts school.
We integrate. It rocks.

2 comments:

Annah said...

I want to be the villain in this story and steal your superpower.

Lauren and Josh said...

I wish I knew how to effectively share it!