Friday, October 2, 2009

Auntie and Uncle Drifter

Do you and your husband ever speak in British accents for no reason??

No?

Ya, ya, us either.

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an actual conversation that took place over the course of about 30 minutes between josh and I.

Josh: This place is dumb. (Talking about work)

Lauren: I'm sorry. I wish we didn't have to work.

Josh: I know! That'd be awesome.

How do you feel about being beatniks?

Lauren: Harley would make such a good hippie dog.

Josh: We could hang out a truck stops.

Lauren: And get fleas.

Josh: "So Josh, What did you do today?" "Oh, tried to talk the wife into being homeless."

Lauren: Aha ha ha. I really don't mind the idea of the lifestyle, I just don't like the idea of not sleeping in a bed. Call me spoiled!

Josh: But I like the idea of not having to be somewhere at a specific time.

Lauren: We still would. Even drifters keep appointments!

Josh: Would you ever expect a beatnik to be on time?

Lauren: No, but then again, people have stopped expecting us to be ontime!

The kids could call us Auntie and Uncle Drifter!

Josh: We could make them handmade bracelets for their birthdays.

Lauren: For their birthday's we could make them things like a collage of trash.

Ok, yours is a much better gift.

But we could make them handmade bracelets right now.

Josh: No we can't. We have jobs. We don't have that kind of extra time.

Josh: Ya, i'm jive to the lifestyle.

It was always my backup plan.

Lauren: How do you feel about arm pit hair?

Josh: Mine or Harley's?

Lauren: Mine. That's part of the lifestyle.

Josh: You'll have to get laser hair removal first.

Lauren: Well, that's really gonna push back the timeline.

Josh: Lasik for the both of us too.

Wow, being homeless is expensive!

Lauren: I prefer drifter over homeless.

Josh: I prefer beatnik.

Lauren: But some beatniks are very prissy with all their snapping and berets.

Josh: Oh, and I need a new acoustic too.

Lauren: Wow, it really is expensive to do nothing!

Lauren: Gotta work now. Thanks for that conversation!

Josh: There will be plenty of time to talk in front of the truckstops.

Just another reason why I know we're right for each other!

2 comments:

*Becky* said...

LOL I was dying laughing at this conversation!! you 2 are too funny

Laci and Dan said...

You are perfect for each other! You both are DORKS! But dorks in love! =)