Friday, April 2, 2010

Art Appreciation

Today, Josh took me here.


I've been a few other times but I was really wanting to go back because they are having an Ansel Adams Exhibit!

I believe Ansel Adams was a wonderful man who took amazing photographs, played the piano and became a teacher of what he loved.

But...since it is a traveling exhibit I was not able to take any pictures. Oh well.

There were plenty of other amazing pieces of art that I could admire and take photos of!
The wide open spaces in the museum make you feel so free.

This is one of our favs.  A giant sphere drawing in graphite.
You can see how huge it is in the picture above.

Pablo Picasso...

Claude Monet...


Andy Warhol...

And many others..

(This piece of art is made of burnt pieces of wood, string and wire. It was really interesting to see.)



I truly love art and
Ansel Adams is inspiring.

A wonderful day.

If you have never been to the Phoenix Art Museum you need to go!
The Ansel Adams Exhibit is here until June 6.
General admission is $10 for adults and it is so worth it.
You can spend hours and hours looking at masterpieces.
Also, if you think you can do it in 3 hours, go the first Friday of the month from 6pm-9pm,
it's FREE! 
 (Maybe just make a small donation, if you want to.)

3 comments:

Bethany Dibble said...

I went there last month. It's so cool! Glad you liked it! Hope all is well. We need to get together and catch up. Miss you!!

*Becky* said...

I have never been there and now i want to go! I love Monet! And the sphere is neat too

Anonymous said...

that wood piece was amazing! Man, how I wish I could go :(