Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back To My Roots

In three days I will be here...

Good ol' New York.

As many of you know, I was born in New York.
My roots are there.
Well, I wasn't born in New York City.
I'm from Long Island.

If you have never been there, you have never seen one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
There are so many reasons I love going back there.
I will list them because who doesn't love a good list :)
(in no particular order...)

Reason #1 - Family.
They are crazy and fun and I never want to leave once I'm there.

#2 - The beach. East coast beaches are different than west coast beaches. Both good, just different.


#3 - The colors you can see during the actual different seasons they get to experience.

#4 - White Castle
Never going there means you are seriously missing out.

#5 - The Statue of Liberty

#6 - The Empire State Building
Standing at the top of this enormous building, looking out over the city, central park, bridges, rivers, etc. is one of my favorite places to be and truly one of my utopias.

# 7 - Hot dogs from the vendors on street corners.
Seriously. Amazing.


#8 - The history you can see all around you.
From Ground Zero to Ellis Island.
New York is beautiful.

You just have to see past the pigeons.
Which are there to greet you INSIDE the airport.
Eww.

I will miss you all, but hopefully I will update while I'm away.

I'd love to hear some of your favorite places or utopias...

2 comments:

Bethany Dibble said...

Okay if I ever go to NY I will be taking your list. I want to go! Have a great time! Take lots of pictures - I know you will.

*Becky* said...

I have never been... as you know. Someday I will make it. someday