Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yin and Yang

There is always some good to go along with some bad.
When something makes you happy there is always something to complain about.

Here are some good things and some things I would love to complain about...

Good: Four day work week!!!!!!

And rain...everyone likes rain, right? And we need rain in this desert!
But...rain is water. Water should not be inside...

Not so good: This is what I got to find in my classroom when I arrived this morning!

OKAY...I may be exaggerating just a little...

That's not really my classroom, but it proves my point that it sucks that the roof in my classroom leaks everytime it rains more than the usual five drops.
 I have these amazingly awesome long bookshelves that Josh made me and they sit in the front of my room under the white boards.
They hold all of my chapter books.
They get wet. Shweet. Grrr. They don't seem to be damaged this time.
Thank goodness.

Good: Josh and I made a pretty great deal quite a few months ago.
The deal means that I do all of this...


And Josh does all of this...

It's a pretty sweet deal.

Another good: It is hilarious and so cool when I find reasons that prove my best friends are really the yin to my yang.



Yesterday Becky and I were getting pizza for girl's night.
She walks up to the counter and orders a small ham pizza.

Not being able to hear her at all, I walk up to the counter and order a small pineapple pizza.

Whoa! It was great.
When we are little old ladies we will only order one pizza and I will pick off my ham and give it to her and she will pick off her pineapple and give it to me. And nothing will be wasted.
Again, just like I previously mentioned... it is insane how in sync we are.
Sometimes it's creepy.

Well, I guess there wasn't much for my to complain about this time, but don't worry...
There's always tomorrow!
And remember...everytime you complain about something, look for two things to find that are just awesome.

*Don't forget to do what you can to support the people of Haiti. Whether it is money, water bottles or really good thoughts, please do it.  (If you would like to donate water bottles, you can drop them off in the office of the school I work at.  Sixth grade is collecting them and a parent is going to make sure they get shipped. If you need to know what school it is just email me or message me on facebook. Thanks!)

2 comments:

*Becky* said...

Yay!! I like your post. Esp about our Ham and Pineapple story. hee hee. Did you use the new format I told you about??

Lauren and Josh said...

Yep! The new formatting thing is so much better. Thanks for that!