Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Literally Died

Really?
You literally died?  How is that exactly?


The word "literally" is just completely unnecessary. 

If you say, "There were literally a hundred bees on me!"  Trust me. We believe you.
100 bees, got it. No need for the literally.

If someone says, "I literally died from embarrassment!"  You wouldn't be here to tell us. 
You're dead.  From the embarrassment, so it seems.

It's like...if I were given the choice to either:
a.) Spend one day with someone who says "literally" in their casual conversations or
b.) Tear off one of my fingernails.

I'm picking option B without hesitation.

So please, dear readers, let's stop all this "literally" nonsense. If you are guilty of using this word, now's the time to stop.  Don't kid yourself by saying you'll only use it every now and again. 
You need to give it up. Cold turkey.

Everyone you say it to either understands you are serious or they think you are ridiculous for saying things like, "The line at the post office was so long, I literally waited for like five hours."

If we work together, we can make the world a place where our children can play outside without being confused by idiots using this horrible word incorrectly.

I hope you have enjoyed my Public Service Announcement. 
Tell your friends. Let's make it happen.

P.S. I'm still working hard to get "Thursday" changed to "Prefriday."

~Lauren: Making the world a better place, one ridiculous thing at a time.~


No comments: