Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Afraid of my Mailbox

Seriously.
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go near it anymore.
Why, you ask?

It gives me the biggest (and quite strong) shock everytime I touch the key to the lock!

At first it was just a tiny spark with a little "oh, that shocked me" kind of feeling.

But today...I get out of my car, I walk up the box and I wasn't even thinking about the shocks.
It could have been like an old western movie where the mailbox was at one end of the dirt street and I was at the other and I was saying things like "Alright, box. It's just you and me" with squinted eyes and a scowl on my face...

But it wasn't.

I was just going about my business and BAM.  The spark was a tiny line of electricity and my arm got a nice little tingle.

So...I'm officially afraid of my mailbox.  Lame, I know.  But no one likes to get shocked.

3 comments:

Laci and Dan said...

It's the weather change. Be very careful when you pump gas. Discharge the electricity in your body by touching your whole hand to the body of your car, you will get a little shock. Also, while wearing sweatshirts, you will get shocked more frequently. I get shocked everyday. We are electrifying!! Wakes you up though. lol! I can't walk on concrete while pushing a metal cart(Sams,Costco,Walmart) without getting jolted every 2 mins. lol! Good luck!!

*Becky* said...

I get shocked every time I touch something at costco. Sometimes walmart too. I think it's whatever shoes I wear and maybe I don't pick my feet up all the way. idk.

Anonymous said...

I too get shocked at Costco, regardless what kind of shoes soles I have on.
Lauren, were you standing in water at the mailbox today?
Therese