Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hunger



I did it!
I finally read The Hunger Games and I LOVED it!
Sometimes people talk about how great a book is and then some more people talk about how great a book is and then later on some more people talk about how great a book is...
THEN I decide I will read it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about me, I only finish reading about half of the books I begin.
The two reasons for this are:
1. I either don't have enough time to sit and read a book and too much time passes between readings and then I forget what was happening and I would have to start all over again and really, who has time for that!?
OR
2. I start reading a book and it just doesn't keep me super interested or guessing or on the edge of my seat and then I don't feel motivated to pick it up anymore.

Few books have truly kept me interested.

Here are just a few incase you were wondering...yes, most of them are children's chapter books or young adult...so sue me, I'm a teacher!

*The Twilight Series
*All of the books by Dave Pelzer (A Child Called It, The Lost Boy, The Priveledge of Youth, etc.)  You will cry your eyes out, but SOOOOO good.
*The Giver by Lois Lowry
*Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
*The City of Ember (Not even the whole series...just the first two...then I lost interest.
*Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt (One of my favs.)
*Stone Fox (Short, you can sit and read it in an hour or less, but AMAZING...again, have some tissues ready.)
*P.S. I Love You (From before it was a movie...WAY better.)
*The Davinci Code
*Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series (Don't judge me...they are HILARIOUS!)
*Mick Harte was Here by Barbara Park

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

The books I started and REALLY need to find the motivation to finish (or re-read and THEN finish since it has been so long since I read them.)

*Wicked   -I'm so close...yet so far away.
*The Host   -I was so excited...met Stephenie Meyer...got my copy signed...never finished it.
Lame, I know.
* The Prophet of Yonwood   -Third book in the Ember series...I think I'm on page 10 or something.
*Angels and Demons   -Don't know if this one's gonna happen...

But at least I read AND finished The Hunger Games!
You know what this means now, right?...


Time for book #2!


I'd like to give a special thanks to my NOOK Color for being so awesome.
I'm crediting the finishing of The Hunger Games to my Nook,
because without it, it may not have been done.

What are you reading?
Is it any good?
Let me know.
I just may eventually pick it up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to read the hunger games series! I might just have to buckle down and go by them.

Ok, THE HOST is really a great book. It takes a ridiculously long time to get interesting but once it happens, WOW. It's a little complex and makes more sense the more often you read it.

ANGELS AND DEMONS is utterly amazing. PLEASE don't give up on it. The movie did not do it justice.

I'm currently reading John Grisham's THE CONFESSION. Love it! But then again, I pretty much love everything John Grisham. And James Patterson.

Have you read the House of Night books? young adult vampire novels. pretty wicked.

Have you read ENDER'S GAME? It might just be right up your alley :)